Balfour Beatty collaborates to secure second phase of Cooper’s Hill retirement development
05 October 2018
Balfour Beatty has been awarded a £15 million contract by Audley Group to deliver the second phase of the Cooper’s Hill retirement development in Englefield Green, Surrey.
The second phase of the scheme will see Balfour Beatty supplement the development by a further 50 luxury homes located within the 66 acre Magna Carta Park, formerly part of Brunel University.
This award follows successful collaboration with Audley Group over a number of years, including the £38 million first phase of the Cooper’s Hill development to which Balfour Beatty was appointed in August 2017.
Dean Banks, Chief Executive Officer of Balfour Beatty’s UK Construction Services business, said: “Our appointment to deliver the second phase of the Cooper’s Hill development is testament to our long-standing, successful relationship with Audley Group which has seen us partner on five village locations to date.
“Our expert team is primed and ready to commence works and safely deliver this 128 luxury retirement home development.”
Kevin Shaw, Managing Director, Audley Group, said “Audley Cooper’s Hill is a special site so the chance to acquire more land was too good to pass up. The demand for the type of retirement living that Audley Villlages offers is high and growing across the UK, as an ageing population seeks aspirational properties to downsize to.
“Audley Cooper’s Hill will be an enviable retirement village in a prime location.”
Construction of the first phase is already underway and set to complete in winter 2019, with the second phase due to follow in summer 2020.
Image: Phase 1 of the Cooper's Hill retirement development
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 28,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK & Ireland, US and Far East. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
- Balfour Beatty’s UK and Ireland regional construction business is a leading integrator of complex, sophisticated and innovative projects that improve the UK’s and Ireland’s national infrastructure. Balfour Beatty is also an experienced provider of local and regional projects that help build lasting communities.
- The company has been operating in the South of England for over a century, providing the company with its first commission in 1909 to operate the tramway network in Kent and Bedfordshire.
- Significant projects in the Company’s current portfolio in the South include the £19m renovation and extension of the Grade II listed Bristol Fry Building, which will provide state-of-the-art mathematic facilities for The University of Bristol, the £170m baggage screening and handling systems upgrade for Heathrow Airport Limited, the £5m link road from St Clements way to London Road in Dartford and the £82.5m F-35 contract at RAF Marham, to build engineering and training facilities in readiness for the arrival of the UK’s first F-35 Lightning II aircraft in 2018.
- Iconic projects of the past delivered in the South include the construction of three new hangars and ancillary buildings for RAF Brize Norton, the extension and refurbishment of Bristol Airport’s Terminal 1 to transform the security search process for airport passengers, and the 3.3Km Woodside Link road scheme in Bedfordshire, to ease congestion and unlock accessibility to employment in North Houghton.