Balfour Beatty builds for the future with €10 million student accommodation contract award
19 December 2018
Balfour Beatty has been appointed by Global Student Accommodation to deliver the new €10 million Gloucester Place Student Accommodation in Dublin, Ireland.
Balfour Beatty will be responsible for the construction of the 112 bed student accommodation and its associated facilities, spanning across seven floors.
As part of its commitment to reducing onsite construction by 25% by 2025, the company will use high-quality modular bathroom units to increase efficiencies and drive forward delivery of the scheme.
Alan Garvin, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty’s regional construction business in Ireland, said: “This is another great win for our business in Ireland. We are delighted to play our part in providing students in Dublin with a modern and stimulating building.
“We have worked closely with Global Student Accommodation since June 2018. Early engagement has enabled us to play an instrumental role in the design, methodology and logistics of the scheme and we look forward to building on this relationship as the project progresses.”
Works have commenced on site with completion expected in Spring 2020, ahead of the new academic term. At construction peak, Balfour Beatty will employ a direct workforce of 100 people.
Image: Computer Generated Image of Gloucester Place Student Accommodation
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 28,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK & Ireland, US and Far East. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
- Balfour Beatty has been operating in Ireland for over 10 years. Supported by long-term collaborative relationships, the company maintains a sustainable local business, combining a mix of small and large projects to deliver tangible value for the communities we operate in.
- Significant projects in the company’s current portfolio include the €140 million Irish Primary Care Centres serving 14 communities across the country, the construction of apron rehabilitation works and runway overlay works worth a combined value of €14 million on behalf of Dublin Airport, as well as our going work to deliver world-class infrastructure services to Gas Networks Ireland in a joint venture with CLG Developments.
- Iconic projects of the past include phase 1, 2 and 3 of the €8 million Terminal 1 roof refurbishment and the complex €14 million four level extension to the T2 multi-storey car park on behalf of Dublin Airport as well as the design and construction of a new €40 million food distribution facility for Sysco Foods.