Balfour Beatty's Plant and Fleet Services business awarded Thames Tideway Tunnel contract
18 December 2017
Balfour Beatty’s Plant & Fleet Services business has been awarded a contract in excess of £2 million to supply plant and accommodation to the Balfour Beatty joint venture delivering the west section of the Thames Tideway Tunnel with BAM Nuttall and Morgan Sindall.
Site office accommodation is being supplied to five of the seven work sites along with tower and crawler crane solutions which will be installed at the Hammersmith Pumping Station, Acton Storm Tank and Dormay Street sites.
The Thames Tideway Tunnel is a project designed to build a new sewage system across London, replacing the old and outdated sewers currently servicing the capital. A new 25km channel will be constructed using tunnel boring machines and will span from Acton in West London to Beckton in the East.
Balfour Beatty’s Plant & Fleet Services business sources and manages all items of plant, from everyday tools to specialist strategic plant equipment, as well as managing a sustainable supply of fleet vehicles for the wider Balfour Beatty Group.
Andy Ormerod, Managing Director Plant & Fleet Services, said “We are delighted to be able to provide our colleagues working as part of the Thames Tideway Joint Venture, with safe, innovative and cost effective plant and accommodation solutions which in the main involve brand new assets.”
Image: Tideway branded site office accommodation provided by Balfour Beatty Plant and Fleet services business on the West section of the Thames Tideway Tunnel project
Media enquiries to:
+44 (0)207 963 2150
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
- Balfour Beatty’s Plant and Fleet Services business provides in-house management of strategic equipment, complemented by long-term, exclusive partnerships with specialist plant suppliers. Balfour Beatty Plant and Fleet also provides support in the storage, tracking and issue of essential equipment for utilities and construction contracts, using innovative techniques and methodology to provide support to the customer where and when it is needed.
- Tideway is the company delivering the Thames Tideway Tunnel, a 25km sewer tunnel urgently required to tackle sewage pollution in the tidal River Thames. In total the project is expected to create 4,000 direct sustainable jobs. One in every 50 site jobs will be an apprenticeship. For more information visit www.tideway.london
- BAM Nuttall, Morgan Sindall and Balfour Beatty (BMB) is a three-way joint venture who are constructing the west section of the new 25 kilometres Thames Tideway Tunnel.
- Formed in 2013, the joint venture brings together extensive experience of collaborative working, innovative technical solutions and key personnel with a wealth of tunnelling project experience.
- The 4.3 mile by 6.5m internal diameter West tunnel will run from Acton Storm Tanks in Ealing to Carnwath Road Riverside in Fulham and will include seven separate work sites en route and the Frogmore long connection tunnel at Wandsworth.