Balfour Beatty VINCI announces appointment of new Managing Director to lead its HS2 joint venture
05 May 2020
Balfour Beatty VINCI today announces the appointment of Michael Dyke as Managing Director, responsible for providing strategic leadership for the delivery of its HS2 main civil engineering contracts between the Long Itchington Wood Green tunnel to the West Coast Main Line tie-in, worth a combined total of c. £5 billion.
With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, Michael is a proven leader responsible for managing large infrastructure projects, programmes and businesses across multiple geographies and sectors. Most recently, he was Chief Executive Officer for eight2O, the water alliance that brought together Thames Water and seven other global contracting and consulting businesses.
Michael Dyke, Balfour Beatty VINCI Managing Director HS2, said: “This is a particularly exciting time to be joining Balfour Beatty VINCI, having received Notice to Proceed for the main works civil engineering contracts last month. I look forward to working alongside HS2 and our expert people and supply chain partners, to safely and successfully deliver this critical piece of national infrastructure.”
Balfour Beatty VINCI, a long-established joint venture between two global infrastructure leaders, was awarded two main works civil engineering contracts worth a combined total of c. £5 billion in July 2017. The joint venture subsequently received Notice to Proceed in April 2020, marking a major milestone in Britain’s largest regeneration project which will create thousands of employment opportunities, dramatically increase rail capacity and support the economic growth of the UK.
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty VINCI represents a powerhouse for critical infrastructure across Rail, transport and other iconic projects in the UK and beyond. Balfour Beatty VINCI’s involvement in groundbreaking Design Build Finance and Operation (DBFO) projects offers a unique end-to-end asset knowledge that is crucial in developing the best solutions to the infrastructure needs of the UK.
- Balfour Beatty and VINCI started working together over 30 years ago when both were members of the TransManche Link consortium which delivered the Channel Tunnel.
- As leading infrastructure groups, both Balfour Beatty and VINCI Construction offer opportunities for trainees, apprentices, placement students and graduates as well as sponsored degree opportunities
About Balfour Beatty:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 26,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK, US and Hong Kong. Over the last 111 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
- VINCI is represented by its subsidiaries: VINCI Construction Grands Projects, VINCI Construction UK and VINCI Construction Terrassement.
- VINCI is a global player in concessions and construction, employing more than 220,000 people in some 100 countries. We design, finance, build and operate infrastructure and facilities that help improve daily life and mobility for all. Because we believe in all-round performance, above and beyond economic and financial results, we are committed to operating in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. And because our projects are in the public interest, we consider that reaching out to all our stakeholders and engaging in dialogue with them is essential in the conduct of our business activities. VINCI’s goal is to create long-term value for its customers, shareholders, employees, and partners and for society at large. vinci.com