Balfour Beatty’s US Operations hires Marla Storm as Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer
07 June 2022
Balfour Beatty is pleased to announce the hiring of Marla Storm as the company’s new senior vice president & chief human resources officer for its Buildings, Civils and Investments operations in the U.S.
This executive role will oversee the development and execution of the company’s people strategy and practice, including compensation and benefits, recruiting, training, talent development and diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. Based out of the company’s national headquarters in Dallas, Texas, Marla will work in close coordination with senior leadership, including human resources and operations functions across Balfour Beatty’s global business, with an emphasis on ensuring policies and initiatives are aligned within its three U.S. business lines.
Additionally, Marla will be a member of Balfour Beatty’s U.S. executive leadership team where she will join the growing list of women in the highest levels of leadership who manage companywide functions.
“We are excited to welcome Marla to the Balfour Beatty team,” said Eric Stenman, Balfour Beatty U.S, president. “The newly consolidated chief human resources officer role emphasizes Balfour Beatty’s people-first commitment to our teammates across our organization and advances our company’s responsibilities in managing human resources at a shared service level. Marla will continue to build upon our strong human resources structure and policies that supports the connection between the field and the office employees, and elevate our recruiting, talent management and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in each of our business lines. We look forward to her leadership and passion for building and developing teams of Relentless Allies as we strive to be an employer of choice and trusted project partner in our communities.”
Marla has more than 20 years of experience in human resources with expertise in aligning human resource strategic direction and long-term goals with overall business strategy. Prior to joining Balfour Beatty, Marla led human resources for Boeing’s Parts and Distribution Services and Global Services Supply Chain segments with operations in more than 300 locations spanning 70 countries. She managed a team of global human resource professionals in developing and implementing workforce initiatives to support employees and help deliver business objectives. In addition to her tenure at Boeing, she has held various human resource leadership roles for nine years at McKesson Corporation.
Marla holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Drury University in Springfield, Missouri, and an MBA from Baylor University in Waco, Texas. She also holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification and has completed The RBL Group’s Human Resource Learning Partnership for senior-level human resources professionals from leading global companies.
Media enquiries to:
+1 (214) 451-1706
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with 24,500 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 113 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain's biggest road project; Hong Kong's HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5-mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
About Balfour Beatty US:
- Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the United States. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, the company is part of Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY), a leading international infrastructure group that provides innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth.
- Balfour Beatty is ranked among the top domestic building contractors in the United States by Engineering News-Record. To learn more, visit www.balfourbeattyus.com.