Balfour Beatty recruits its 2000th supplier to the Supply Chain Sustainability School
25 January 2017
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, has recruited its 2000th supply-chain partner, FM Conway, to the multi-award winning Supply Chain Sustainability School.
In support of its commitment to improve sustainable outcomes for its business and customers, Balfour Beatty has partnered with the Supply Chain Sustainability School since 2013 to deliver free practical support, training and networking opportunities for its supply chain.
The 2000th Balfour Beatty supply chain partner to join, FM Conway, delivers construction and maintenance services for roads, buildings, structures and public spaces across London and the South East and has worked with Balfour Beatty for many years.
Chris Johnson, Group Procurement Director, Balfour Beatty, said: “Signing our 2000th supply chain partner to the school is a reflection of the commitment we have to collaborating with and supporting our supply chain partners - we are proud of our commitment to the school.
“Balfour Beatty seeks to continually improve the value we deliver to our customers through a relentless focus on resource efficiency and best practice in supply chain management. A supply chain that offers sustainable services, products and materials is key to Balfour Beatty’s sustainability strategy, known as our Blueprint.”
Shaun McCarthy OBE, Chair of The Supply Chain Sustainability School, said: “Balfour Beatty have been committed partners in the Supply Chain School since they joined. The success of the School depends on our partners encouraging their supply chains to become members and to take advantage of the many learning resources that are all available free of charge. To have 2000 members from their supply chain alone is a credit to Balfour Beatty and to the work of the team delivering the School.”
FM Conway’s Chief Executive, Michael Conway MBE, said: “Sustainability is at the top of our business agenda. We’ve invested heavily in our own training processes, materials manufacturing plant and machinery to ensure we minimise our environmental footprint wherever we can.
“Sharing knowledge and sustainability best practice between partners is vital if we are to embed this approach across the construction industry. We are delighted to be working with the Supply Chain Sustainability School and Balfour Beatty to ensure our work meets the highest sustainability standards.”
Image: Supply Chain Sustainability School members showcasing the support and training available
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
• Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 34,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
• Our main geographies are the UK, US, Middle East and South East Asia. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the world’s biggest shopping mall in Dubai, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
• Our supply chain is essential to our business. We spend two thirds of our revenues in procuring goods and services from suppliers, 76% of which are SMEs. Successful relationship management with our supply chain is fundamental to the delivery of all our projects and together we can offer the best service to our customers.
• In 2016, Balfour Beatty was awarded the ‘Inclusive Procurement Award’ in recognition of its inclusive approach towards its supply chain and its engagement with minority owned and small businesses.
• For further details on the supply chain school, visit: https://www.supplychainschool.co.uk/
• To download Balfour Beatty’s sustainability strategy, Our Blueprint, visit: http://www.balfourbeatty.com/media/29498/balfour_beatty_sustainability_blueprintpdf.pdf
• FM Conway is a leading infrastructure services company delivering vital services in transportation, the built environment and open spaces for communities and businesses.
• We inspect, design, build, enhance and maintain essential infrastructure services for the community.
• With more than 50 years’ experience, we pride ourselves on being an industry leader and innovator, especially in recycling and reuse. We have our own recycling facility at Dartford and Asphalt Plant in Erith with a Thames side wharf and our own research and development laboratory. We produce asphalt with a high recycled content and low carbon footprint.
• For more details, please contact: Stephanie Byrne at Camargue on 0207 636 7366 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org