Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick appoints new Managing Director
01 December 2021
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick today announces the appointment of Will Smith as Managing Director to provide strategic leadership to its mechanical and electrical business.
Will has over 20 years’ experience in the building services, property and construction sectors, encompassing a variety of commercial and Senior Leadership roles.
He joins Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick from Cumming, a global property and construction consultancy where he held the position of UK & Europe CEO. Previously, he was UK Managing Director of SPIE, a European multi-technical services business.
Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty Chief Executive Officer, UK Construction Services said: “I am delighted to welcome Will as Managing Director of Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick.
“Bringing together his wealth of knowledge and expertise, he will drive our electrical and mechanical business forward; supporting the safe and successful delivery of schemes across the UK.”
Will Smith, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick, said: “It is an honour to take the helm at Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick.
“I look forward to working with our long-established customers and establishing new relationships as we work to showcase our industry leading position and demonstrate the wide-range of skills we have across Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick.”
Formed in August 2016, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick is a leading UK Mechanical and Electrical engineering provider. The 2,500 strong team works across a broad range of live projects across the public and private sectors, including the nuclear, power, infrastructure, defence, transport, healthcare, education, residential and commercial markets.
Image: Will Smith, Managing Director for Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
- Formed inAugust 2016, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick is a leading UK Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) engineering provider. The 2,500 strong team works across a broad range of live projects across the public and private sectors, including the nuclear, power, infrastructure, process and defence, transport, healthcare, education, residential and commercial markets.
- Capabilities include mechanical and engineering services, such as installation of complete Balance of Plant Systems, through to electrical, control and instrumentation services, such the design and manufacture of electrical switchgear.
- Current projects include London City Airport’s development programme mechanical, electrical and plumbing works, Hinkley Point C’s electrical works package, and Midland Metropolitan Hospital’s mechanical, electrical and plumbing services.
- Past projects include a £85 million contract as part of the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers project to design and install cabling systems for over 100 different ship systems, three major projects within the Nuclear Decommissioning Agency’s Sellafield site and a £23 million contract to deliver electrical engineering at Crossrail’s new Woolwich station.