Balfour Beatty joint venture completes Southern Gateway project in Dallas, Texas
02 December 2022
Balfour Beatty, as part of the design-build joint venture with Fluor Corporation, has celebrated the completion of the $666 million (c. £.540 million) Texas Department of Transportation’s (TxDOT) Southern Gateway reconstruction and improvement project.
To complete the project, Balfour Beatty and its partners rebuilt and expanded a total of ten miles of roadway, widening both general purpose and non-tolled managed lanes. The project is now open to traffic along Interstate 35E and U.S 67 in Dallas, Texas.
As part of TxDOT’s Texas Clear Lanes initiative, the improvement scheme will enhance road-user safety and relieve congestions for the 180,000 motorists who use the road each day.
Leon Blondin, Balfour Beatty U.S Chief Executive Officer, said: “Congratulations to the Balfour Beatty project team and joint venture partners in providing a long-term, transformative highway solution for one of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the nation.
“The completion of The Southern Gateway is just another example of our team’s expertise in delivering complex construction projects across the country and our ongoing commitment to achieving our clients’, stakeholders’ and local communities’ transportation goals. Balfour Beatty is proud to play a role in improving safety and reducing congestion for essential infrastructure in Texas that numerous drivers rely on each and every day.”
Balfour Beatty has worked with TxDOT for 27 years, completing more than $3.8 billion (c.£.3 billion) in projects including the delivery of State Highway 130 in Austin, the Horseshoe project in Dallas, and the on-going delivery of the Oak Hill Parkway project in Austin and the I-635 East project in Dallas.
Media enquiries to:
+1 (214) 451-1706
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0) 20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with 24,500 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 113 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
- Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the United States.
- Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, the company is part of Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY), a leading international infrastructure group that provides innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth.
- Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest contractors, Balfour Beatty is the No. 6 Domestic Building Contractor in the United States as ranked by Engineering News-Record. To learn more, visit balfourbeattyus.com.