Balfour Beatty consortium selected to deliver Jacksonville Transport Authority’s Bay Street Innovation Corridor project
10 September 2021
Balfour Beatty’s Vision 2 Reality (V2R) Team; a consortium comprising of Superior Construction Company Southeast, Beep, Inc., WGI, Inc., Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. and Miller Electric, has been selected to deliver the Bay Street Innovation Corridor project on behalf of the Jacksonville Transportation Authority.
The project, valued at approximately $44 million, marks the first phase of Jacksonville Transportation Authority’s Ultimate Urban Circulator autonomous vehicle service – a new automated people mover system for Downtown Jacksonville and its surrounding neighborhoods.
Following the successful completion of the award-winning Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center at LaVilla in May 2020, Balfour Beatty will deliver its second project for Jacksonville Transportation Authority. Alongside its partners it will oversee 60% of the design of the Bay Street Innovation Corridor as well as leveraging integrated progressive design build methods.
John Harris, Senior Vice President of Balfour Beatty Construction said: “We are honoured to be selected by Jacksonville Transportation Authority to construct another successful project for the Jacksonville community.
“To be a part of the Ultimate Urban Circulator program is an opportunity of a lifetime, and we look forward to remaining a Relentless Ally to our client, our partners and the community as we work to provide and innovative and revolutionary transportation network for the future of Jacksonville.”
Nathaniel P. Ford Sr., Chief Executive Officer of Jacksonville Transportation Authority said: “This award represents a major milestone for the Ultimate Urban Circulator, the Jacksonville Transportation Authority and Downtown Jacksonville. We are confident the Balfour Beatty team and its partners will deliver a world-class project on behalf of the taxpayers of Jacksonville, placing our community at the forefront of innovation.”
Once complete, the three-phase Ultimate Urban Circulator will expand Jacksonville’s current skyway from two and a half miles to ten miles.
For more information on the Ultimate Urban Circulator program and the Bay Street Innovation Corridor project, click here.
Media enquiries to:
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
About Balfour Beatty US:
- We finance, Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the United States. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, the company is part of Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY), a leading international infrastructure group that provides innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth.
- Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest contractors, Balfour Beatty is the No. 6 Domestic Building Contractor in the United States as ranked by Engineering News-Record. To learn more, visit balfourbeattyus.com