Balfour Beatty Communities expands Multifamily Housing portfolio
19 August 2021
Balfour Beatty Communities, a residential real estate investment and management company in the United States, has successfully completed the acquisition of a 352-unit apartment community in Kissimmee, Florida.
The acquisition builds on Balfour Beatty Communities portfolio in Florida, with San Mateo Crossing becoming its 11th Multifamily Housing property.
Opened in 2019, the community will offer nine unique floor plan options across eight, four-storey buildings; situated within walking distance from the newly constructed Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion.
In addition, San Mateo Crossing also provides a convenient location for commuters, positioned within two miles of two major highways and adjacent to the Tupperware SunRail station for ease of access to the Orlando area.
Mike Price, Senior Vice President of Acquisitions for Balfour Beatty Communities said: “We are excited to invest in a new Florida submarket for Balfour Beatty Communities, particularly one with as much promising growth as Orlando. We look forward to bringing our world-class management services to this upscale community.”
Media enquiries to:
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
About Balfour Beatty Communities:
- Balfour Beatty Communities is an active owner and operator of residential real estate in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors across the United States. Since its inception in 1999, Balfour Beatty Communities has invested in nearly 100 properties representing more than $7.9 billion of gross asset value.
- Our broad in-house expertise includes decades of acquisition, development, finance, renovation, leasing and property/facility management experience. Leveraging this extensive expertise and a customer service-focused approach, Balfour Beatty Communities seeks to create value in its real estate projects while delivering exceptional living experiences. For more information, visit com.
- Balfour Beatty Communities is a subsidiary of Balfour Beatty Investments, Inc. and Balfour Beatty plc, a leading international infrastructure group.