A13/A130 Sadlers Farm
We are undertaking a programme of remedial works on the A13/A130 Sadlers Farm scheme on behalf of Essex County Council from October 2017.
The works, to improve the longevity and reliability of the key junction, will include the upgrading of existing drainage systems on the A13 Link Road, the replacement of bearings on two bridges and carriageway strengthening on the A13 near Pitsea.
We will implement a multi-phase traffic management plan, comprising of a series of lane closures, overnight and weekend works to carry out the works which will inevitably and unfortunately cause some disruption to road users and local communities. Visit our project news page for more information.
Much of the work will be completed away from the road, overnight and on weekends to reduce disruption to road users and the local community. Lane closures will only be used where they are essential to manage the safety of the workforce, public and the volume of traffic through this key road network during these essential works.
- A13 Pitsea Parapet safety barrier connection works.
- A13 verge works such as maintenance layby drainage, guardrail to embankment, and slope regrading; Church Road Bridge drip flats, drainage pipe through pre-cast concrete earth retaining wall panels, wall and bridge intersection with soil nail slope; and Church Road Subway silane treatment.
- Drainage and kerb alignment at Sadlers Farm car boot sale entrance.
- Kerbs on Brackendale Avenue to protect the edge clearance to the Vehicle Actuated Sign on the A13 Westbound off slip to Pitsea Interchange.
- Realign kerb on A130 Canvey Way, and reconstruction of Sign SNP02 on A130 Canvey Way.
- Pound Lane ditches, fence alignment, scour protection, label to mini feeder pillar, mortar fill to brickwork at Sadlers Farm Estate, and outfall grills.
- 250metres length of full depth carriageway construction of A13 Vehicle Crossover both East & West
Rushbottom Culvert reconstruction and reprofiling for flood management measures
- Removal of Contiguous Bored Pile (CBP) Wall blockwork and fill material for new drainage system
- A13 & A130 longitudinal crack sealing.
Considerate constructors Scheme (CCS)
The A13/A130 Sadlers Farm Junction project is registered to Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS). The Considerate Constructors Scheme is the national initiative set up by the construction industry to improve its image.
Construction sites and companies that register with the Scheme are monitored against a Code of Considerate Practice, designed to encourage best practice beyond statutory requirements. This initiative encourages contractors to give a commitment over and above the legal minimum site requirements regarding:
The Scheme is concerned about any area of construction activity that may have a direct or indirect impact on the image of the industry as a whole.
For more information, please visit www.ccscheme.org.uk or click here to download the CCS Scheme Overview brochure