A13/A130 Sadlers Farm
We are undertaking a 12-month programme of remedial works on the A13/A130 Sadlers Farm scheme on behalf of Essex County Council from October 2017.
The works, to improve the longevity and reliability of the key junction, will include the upgrading of existing drainage systems on the A13 Link Road, the replacement of bearings on two bridges and carriageway strengthening on the A13 near Pitsea.
We will implement a seven phase traffic management plan, with much of the work being completed away from the road, overnight and on weekends to reduce disruption to road users and the local community. Lane closures will only be used where they are essential to manage the safety of the workforce, public and the volume of traffic through this key road network during these essential works.
Our phases of work:
- A13 Pitsea Parapet safety barrier connection works.
- A13 verge works such as maintenance layby drainage, guardrail to embankment, and slope regrading; Church Road Bridge drip flats, drainage pipe through pre-cast concrete earth retaining wall panels, wall and bridge intersection with soil nail slope; and Church Road Subway silane treatment.
- Drainage and kerb alignment at Sadlers Farm car boot sale entrance.
- Kerbs on Brackendale Avenue to protect the edge clearance to the Vehicle Actuated Sign on the A13 Westbound off slip to Pitsea Interchange.
- Realign kerb on A130 Canvey Way, and reconstruction of Sign SNP02 on A130 Canvey Way.
- Pound Lane ditches, fence alignment, scour protection, label to mini feeder pillar, mortar fill to brickwork at Sadlers Farm Estate, and outfall grills.
- A130 Link road Continuous Bored Pile (CBP), cutting slope drainage, gantry painting, pre-cast concrete earth retaining wall panels extension, Sadlers Hall Bridge bearing replacement, and SFB drip flats.
- Gantry 9 direction sign replacement, and reconstruction of Sign 7PR01 on A130 westbound off slip to Sadlers roundabout.
- A130 Link Westbound Full closure from Rayleigh Spur roundabout to Sadlers Farm roundabout. (NIGHTS ONLY)
- Lane 2 Eastbound onslip closure from Sadlers roundabout to A130 (NIGHTS ONLY)
- A130 westbound link cross carriageway drainage trench repairs including full width carriageway surfacing.
- A130 Link Westbound Full weekend closure with diversion over Sadlers Farm.
- Full depth reconstruction of A13 central reserve crossover; gantry painting, and Church Road Bridge drip flats. A13 Eastbound & Westbound Lane 4 closure with narrow lanes from Pitsea Bridge to A130/A13 junction
- Sadlers Hall Bridge carriageway crack repairs and resurfacing.
- Carriageway surface crack overbanding on A13, Link, A130 and London Road Bridge; A130 Eastbound carriageway surfacing near layby.
- London Road Bridge carriageway/footpath surfacing and kerb repairs.
- Improvement works to the A13 verge including soil nails, gas main diversion, and drainage; freight sign reconstruction; and Elbern Lodge acoustic barriers
Considerate constructors Scheme (CCS)
The A13/A130 Sadlers Farm Junction project is registered to Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS). The Considerate Constructors Scheme is the national initiative set up by the construction industry to improve its image.
Construction sites and companies that register with the Scheme are monitored against a Code of Considerate Practice, designed to encourage best practice beyond statutory requirements. This initiative encourages contractors to give a commitment over and above the legal minimum site requirements regarding:
The Scheme is concerned about any area of construction activity that may have a direct or indirect impact on the image of the industry as a whole. The main areas of concern fall into three categories: the general public, the workforce and the environment.
For more information, please visit www.ccscheme.org.uk or click here to download the CCS Scheme Overview brochure