We provide a range of consultancy services across the full lifecycle of rail projects.
These services include:
We offer in-house design expertise that covers track, electrification, traction power and mechanical and electrical design.
Our consultancy services include working directly with customers and design houses to advise on specialist railway systems.
Our strong construction background ensures that all requirements such as stagework planning are considered from early concept design through to detailed design.
Examination, assessment and feasibility
We offer support in design, assessment, access management and examination of rail assets and infrastructure. This includes supporting procurement teams during the tendering process and implementation teams during construction.
Our consultancy services cover mainline, heavy haul, depots and sidings, tunnels, viaducts and bridges, metro and tramway applications.
Traction power and distribution engineering
We offer support for railway traction power infrastructure across the full range of systems required in main line, metro and light rail. Our consultancy capability includes:
- Feasibility studies
- Installation and commissioning
Our capability covers all phases of the project lifecycle. We deal with 1500V and 750V d.c. systems, and 25kV a.c. systems. We work to all UK, European or International standards and codes of practice required by a customer or project.
This software is designed to improve efficiency and performance within an organisation, focussing on asset management and maintenance.
The programme helps teams establish new and better processes, introduce new technology and improve skills to meet changing demands.
We operate RailKonsult at both a strategic level and in practical delivery. Our consultants understand the key drivers in the rail industry and are able to translate this knowledge into suitable change programmes.
Mechanical engineering consultancy
We provide a complete mechanical engineering solution for rail-related infrastructure.
Our services include:
- Developing theoretical models to analyse problems
- Producing monitoring systems to validate the output from these models
- Installing the monitoring system, gathering data and analysing output
- Manufacturing and testing prototypes of design solutions, both within laboratory conditions and a railway environment.
Non-Destructive Testing services and welding
We offer consultancy services in survey, inspection, reporting, certification and repair solutions.
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) ervices
- Ultrasonic rail testing including grooved rail (U1 to U18)
- Ultrasonic axle testing (UAT)
- Pressure vessel testing to PSSR SI:128
- Tower crane inspection and repair
- Ultrasonic aluminothermic weld testing (U6)
- Various NDT methods including magnetic particle testing (MT), dye penetrant testing (PT), visual testing (VT), radiography, eddy current testing and alternating current field measurement (ACFM)
- Welding of rails, rolling stock, aluminium and other non-ferrous materials
- Aluminothermic weld inspection
Specialist consultancy services
- Professional welding service
- Level III NDT consultancy services
- Bespoke NDT & welding training courses based upon ASNT-CP-189 and SNT-TC-1A, tailored to meet the client’s needs