One of the nation’s largest construction management companies, Balfour Beatty Construction, has promoted two internal leaders to enterprise-wide positions. John Tarpey, a 30 year industry veteran and 20 year company leader has been named Chief Operating Officer, and Richard Jaggers, a 20 year industry veteran with 14 years as a company leader, has been named Chief Financial Officer. Together, these two leaders will help lead, guide, and implement the company’s significant growth strategies in both market and service offerings.
“Both John and Richard are proven leaders in the business,” said Mark Layman, President of Balfour Beatty Construction Services US. “John’s passion for redefining the way projects are delivered in our industry, combined with Richard’s strategic insights and progressive approach, will help propel our business further and faster, to the benefit of all our employees, clients and project partners.”
John Tarpey began his career with the company in 1978, working in both estimating and operations. Most recently, he served as Regional CEO, based out of the company’s Fairfax, Virginia office. He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and, in 2001, he was recognised by the American Institute of Constructors with their highest award, the Walter A Nashert, Sr. Constructor Award.
Richard Jaggers has been a part of the Balfour Beatty family since 1998, holding a number of increasingly senior financial leadership positions across various Balfour Beatty companies. Most recently, he served as Chief Financial Officer for the company’s regional operations based in Atlanta. He attended Sandwell Management College and is an Associate Chartered Management Accountant, as qualified in the United Kingdom.
“These senior leadership positions are a key part of our company’s strategic growth goals, allowing us to better compete in, and lead, a rapidly changing industry,” said Robert Van Cleave, Chairman and CEO, Balfour Beatty Construction Services US.
Balfour Beatty Construction
Tel. +1 (214)?451 1066
Notes to Editors:
- A leader in the US commercial construction industry, Balfour Beatty Construction provides general contracting, at-risk construction management, and design-build services through more than 2,400 professionals nationwide. The company has been cited as a Top 10 Green Builder by Engineering-News Record, and as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® by FORTUNE magazine, three years in a row. The company is part of London-based Balfour Beatty plc, a global leader in professional services, construction services, support services, and infrastructure investment, with more than $18 billion in annual revenues. To learn more about the company and its subsidiary—Howard S. Wright—visit balfourbeattyus.com.
- Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a world-class infrastructure group with capabilities in professional services, construction services, support services and infrastructure investments.
- We work in partnership with our customers principally in the UK, continental Europe, the US, South-East Asia, Australia and the Middle East, who value the highest levels of quality, safety and technical expertise.
- Key infrastructure markets include transportation (roads, rail and airports); social infrastructure (education, specialist healthcare, and various types of accommodation); utilities (water, gas and power transmission and generation) and commercial (offices, leisure and retail).
- The Group delivers services essential to the development, creation and care of these infrastructure assets including project design, financing and management, engineering and construction, and facilities management services.
- Balfour Beatty employs 50,000 people around the world.