Balfour Beatty today announces Jacobs as the new partner for its Strategic Design Partnership. The leading design, engineering and project management consultant joins Atkins and Mott MacDonald as one of Balfour Beatty’s three pre-appointed design consultants, bringing together the best design and engineering capabilities in the industry.
Formed in 2017, the Strategic Design Partnership aims to re-frame the designer-contractor relationship, providing Balfour Beatty’s customers with earlier access to a co-ordinated and collaborative design and construction team with a shared vision on delivering best value solutions.
The strategic partnership aims to do this through collaboration, designing solutions for complex construction and infrastructure projects in key areas such as health and safety, sustainability, social value, and Modern Methods of Construction.
The announcement today builds on the success of the Strategic Design Partnership which secured the IS044001 accreditation for collaboration in 2018.
Stephen Tarr, Balfour Beatty Chief Executive Officer for Major Projects Transport, Energy and Power at Balfour Beatty, said: “We are delighted to welcome Jacobs to our Strategic Design Partnership, joining together with Atkins and Mott MacDonald as we continue to re-frame the designer-contractor relationship and drive enhanced collaboration and innovation across the construction and infrastructure industry.
“At Balfour Beatty, we truly believe that collaborative partnerships such as the Strategic Design Partnership have the opportunity to revolutionise our industry and must be considered as the vehicle of choice to ensure that projects are procured, designed and delivered safer, faster, better and greener.”
Bruce Chalmers, Jacobs People & Places Solutions Vice President and Executive Sponsor said: “The Strategic Design Partnership enables closer integration of our collective expertise to drive efficiencies and co-create value-focused solutions for long-term transformation.
“This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of UK infrastructure delivery, putting sustainability and different ways of working at the heart to build better outcomes for society and the environment.”
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
About Balfour Beatty
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with over 25,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 114 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world. Currently, we are working to deliver Hinkley Point C, the first UK nuclear power station in a generation; constructing the world-class arts and cultural facility, the Lyric Theatre, in Hong Kong; and designing, building, financing, operating and maintaining the Automated People Mover superstructure at the fifth busiest airport in the world, Los Angeles International Airport.
- Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, employing over 19,000 people across the UK, North America, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Europe. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
- At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With approximately $15 billion in annual revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector. Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
About Mott MacDonald
- Mott MacDonald is a global engineering, management and development consultancy. Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities. Our expertise by sector includes buildings, communications, defence, education, environment, health, industry, energy, transport, urban development, water, wastewater and more. Our skills encompass planning, studies and design, project finance, technical advisory services, project and programme management, management consultancy and beyond. mottmac.com