Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, today announces the sale of its interests in three UK assets from its Infrastructure Investments portfolio: Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route, Woodland View Hospital and North West Fire & Rescue.
Balfour Beatty’s interests have been acquired by a subsidiary of BBGI Global Infrastructure S.A and are subject to final funder clearance, which is expected imminently.
The disposal proceeds are in excess of the Directors’ valuation as at 31 December 2020, consistent with Balfour Beatty’s strategy of optimising value through the disposal of operational assets, whilst continuing to invest in new equity opportunities.
Investor and analyst enquiries:
Tel. +44 (0)7966 281635
Media enquiries to:
Tel. +44 (0)203 810 2345
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors
- Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
About Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route
- The Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route encompasses the design, construction, financing, operations and maintenance of 12 km of the existing and upgraded roadway as well as 47 km of new dual carriageway including two significant river crossings. The final section of the road opened in 2019. The project has reduced congestion in Aberdeen and HGV traffic on local routes.
About Woodland View Hospital
- The Woodland View Hospital consists of the design, construction, financing and maintenance of a 206-bed acute mental health facility and community hospital in Irvine, North Ayrshire, Scotland. The hospital became operational in 2016. The facility has significantly increased the availability of and access to mental health services and treatment in the region.
About North West Fire & Rescue
- The North West Fire & Rescue consists of the design, construction, financing, and maintenance of 16 new community fire stations in the North West of England. The facilities became fully operational in 2013. The facilities play an integral role in delivering fire safety and protection to more than 500,000 people in the local communities.