Balfour Beatty today announces that it has been awarded a c.£90 million contract by Fife College for the design and construction of a new learning campus in Dunfermline, Scotland.
Balfour Beatty will be responsible for the delivery of three interlinking buildings spanning over 20,000m2, which will house state-of-the-art teaching facilities and learning spaces for students, staff and business clients.
As part of its commitment to leaving a lasting, positive legacy for the communities in which it operates, Balfour Beatty has committed to 50% of its workforce being made up of people from the local, surrounding area.
Once complete, the campus will bring together c.4,500 school pupils and college students from Fife College, St Columba’s RC High School and Woodmill High School.
Hector MacAulay MBE, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty’s regional business in Scotland, said: “We are delighted to have been appointed to design and construct the new Fife College campus in Dunfermline, testament to our significant experience and expertise in delivering further education projects in Scotland.
“Throughout, we will remain steadfast in our commitment to positively impacting local communities and stimulating economic growth, providing numerous employment opportunities for local people as well as work experience placements for students.”
Main construction is scheduled to commence later this month. At peak construction, Balfour Beatty will employ approximately 400 people including a number of apprenticeship and graduate positions.
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0) 20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
About Balfour Beatty
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with over 24,500 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 114 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world. Currently, we are working to deliver Hinkley Point C, the first UK nuclear power station in a generation; constructing the world-class arts and cultural facility, the Lyric Theatre, in Hong Kong; and designing, building, financing, operating and maintaining the Automated People Mover superstructure at the fifth busiest airport in the world, Los Angeles International Airport.
- Balfour Beatty has been operating in Scotland for over a century. Today, the company employs 2,000 people across Scotland and works with a supply chain that includes a substantial proportion of local businesses.
- Balfour Beatty is committed to delivering on its principle of added social impact in Scotland, working closely with our customers to deliver real, tangible benefits for the communities in which we operate.