Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick, the leading UK Mechanical and Electrical engineering provider, has been appointed by Programme and Project Partners as one of two key delivery partners responsible for the mechanical and pipework works at Sellafield, the multi-function nuclear site in Cumbria.
Through the framework, valued at £250 million, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick will work alongside Doosan Babcock to deliver mechanical piped services as part of its continued effort to support the decommissioning of the nuclear power facility over the next 18 years.
Will Smith, Managing Director, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick said: “Utilising our expert capabilities and collaborative delivery approach, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick is perfectly positioned to deliver the mechanical and pipework framework at Sellafield.
“Having now been appointed to the third of Programme and Project Partners’ frameworks, we have cemented our status as a key delivery partner; through which we will continue to deliver a lasting positive legacy across the region and support in the safe and successful decommissioning of the facility.”
Cameron Gilmour, VP Nuclear and Defence, Doosan Babcock said: “The 18-year framework provides a unique opportunity to build upon our site-delivery and expertise heritage at Sellafield and provide further value to the local West Cumbrian area.”
The announcements marks the third framework Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick has been appointed to through Programme and project Partners ‘Multi Project Procurement’ model at Sellafield, having been awarded the electrical and instrumentation framework earlier this month, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning package in November last year.
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
- Formed in August 2016, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick is a leading UK Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) engineering provider. The 2,500 strong team works across a broad range of live projects across the public and private sectors, including the nuclear, power, infrastructure, process and defence, transport, healthcare, education, residential and commercial markets.
- Capabilities include mechanical and engineering services, such as installation of complete Balance of Plant Systems, through to electrical, control and instrumentation services, such the design and manufacture of electrical switchgear.
- Past projects include a £85 million contract as part of the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers project to design and install cabling systems for over 100 different ship systems, three major projects within the Nuclear Decommissioning Agency’s Sellafield site and a £23 million contract to deliver electrical engineering at Crossrail’s new Woolwich station.