Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick, the leading UK Mechanical and Electrical engineering provider, has been appointed by Programme and Project Partners as one of two key delivery partners responsible for the electrical and instrumentation works at Sellafield, the multi-function nuclear site in Cumbria.
The framework, valued at up to £600 million over 18 years, will see Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick utilise its unrivalled expertise in mechanical and electrical engineering, working alongside NG Bailey to support the safe and successful decommissioning of the nuclear power facility.
The announcement marks the second framework Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick has been appointed to through Programme and Project Partners ‘Multi Project Procurement’ model at Sellafield, having been awarded the heating, ventilation and air conditioning package in November last year.
Will Smith, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick, said: “As a leading mechanical and electrical engineering provider, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick is perfectly positioned to support in the decommissioning of Sellafield over the next 18 years.
“Having been appointed to both the heating, ventilation and air conditioning and electrical and instrumentation frameworks, we will strive to leave a lasting positive legacy across the region, providing numerous employment and local supply chain opportunities.”
Craig Jowett, on behalf of the Programme and Project Partners, said: “This is the largest Multi Project Procurement framework to be awarded to date, the responses from all tenderers were of the highest calibre and the level of commitment shown by the successful companies and those who have supported this package during the last 9 months shows the enthusiasm this framework model is creating.
“We now move forward into the construction phase and start delivering against the critical success factors.”
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beattyis a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
- Formed in August 2016, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick is a leading UK Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) engineering provider. The 2,500 strong team works across a broad range of live projects across the public and private sectors, including the nuclear, power, infrastructure, process and defence, transport, healthcare, education, residential and commercial markets.
- Capabilities include mechanical and engineering services, such as installation of complete Balance of Plant Systems, through to electrical, control and instrumentation services, such the design and manufacture of electrical switchgear.
- Past projects include a £85 million contract as part of the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers project to design and install cabling systems for over 100 different ship systems, three major projects within the Nuclear Decommissioning Agency’s Sellafield site and a £23 million contract to deliver electrical engineering at Crossrail’s new Woolwich station.