Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, today announces that its 50:50 Far East joint venture, Gammon Construction has been awarded a contract for the construction of The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong near the Ocean Park water park on Hong Kong Island. The contract worth over HK$1 billion (c. £97m) was awarded by Parkland (Hong Kong) Limited.
The hotel near the Ocean Park will be built with two 10-storey blocks on a three-level podium at the Tai Shue Wan bay. The project includes site formation, foundation and building work.
Thomas Ho, Chief Executive Gammon said, “We are delighted with the opportunity to play a key role in another significant milestone for Ocean Park, following the award of the new Water World water park earlier this year. The project team is committed to delivering the project to the highest quality and in a sustainable manner, while maintaining excellent standards of safety.”
The project is expected to be completed in 2021. A workforce of 700 will be engaged at the peak construction period
Media enquiries to:
Will Swan Balfour Beatty
+44 (0)207 963 2150
www.balfourbeatty.com | follow us @balfourbeatty
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
• Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 30,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
• Our main geographies are the UK, US and the Far East. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world, including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
• Gammon Construction (www.gammonconstruction.com), headquartered in Hong Kong, is a 50-50 joint venture between Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group and Jardine Matheson, the Asian-based conglomerate. The two companies have worked in partnership since 2004 to forge a reputation for delivering high quality projects for customers throughout China and Southeast Asia. The business is a major player in the Hong Kong and Singapore roads market. Gammon’s service extends over the full project life-cycle, from initial site survey and design through construction to commissioning and ongoing maintenance.
• Gammon’s current project portfolio includes; Plantation Road a HKD $800 million (c. £79m) deluxe residential development project in Hong Kong, the HK$3bn development of eight medium rise residential blocks and four houses with a two-level basement overlooking Tai Po’s Tolo Harbour in Northern Hong Kong, on behalf of Great Eagle Group. The HK$1.6bn Lee Garden Three Project, in the heart of Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, a building with 20 floors of offices sitting above a five-level podium of retail and food outlets and a S$174m contract for the design and construction of the Mayflower Station on the Thomson Line for the Land Transport Authority.
• Iconic projects of the past include the HK$2.2bn Hong Kong-Shenzhen Western Corridor, a 3.5km, dual three-lane carriageway, suspended mostly above the waters of Deep Bay and the motorway approaches for downtown Hong Kong. Gammon has also delivered a 68-storey One Island East office building, a skyscraper on the eastern shore of Hong Kong Island. This HK$2.3bn project relied on digital project management systems to enable collaboration across all disciplines and reduce construction waste.
Image: Artist Impression of The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel