The inaugural Balfour Beatty Construction Golf Benefit in Orlando raised more than $46,000 to benefit arts education partnerships for the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, the non-profit 501(c)(3) organisation dedicated to developing and operating a new performing arts center in downtown Orlando. The tournament was held on 1 October at The Legacy Club at Alaqua Lakes with 111 golfers participating in the event.
As the construction manager for the Center, Balfour Beatty Construction supports arts education as an important part of a comprehensive education for children and youth in Central Florida. Beneficiaries of the golf tournament will be K-12 students with local public organisations and school programs that collaborate with the Dr. Phillips Center. These partnership programs are aimed to cultivate future artists, art patrons and appreciative audiences that ultimately will strengthen the Central Florida community.
“As construction manager for the Center, Balfour Beatty Construction is a true partner in every sense of the word. The construction team is not only working to build and deliver a world-class performing arts center, but they also believe in supporting our Center's mission with great events such as this golf benefit. We thank them for their continued support,” added Kathy Ramsberger, Dr. Phillips Center president.
“It’s very encouraging to see the philanthropic generosity of so many industry partners toward the betterment of arts education for young students in the Central Florida community,” said Sean DeMartino, Balfour Beatty Construction division president. “I’m thankful to our partners and to the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts for making the golf benefit a success and something for everyone to look forward to next year.”
Proceeds from the golf benefit were raised through the sponsored foursomes, golf holes, breakfast, on-course food tents and beverage carts as well as sales of mulligan tickets, raffle tickets and live auction items. Balfour Beatty Construction employees, subcontractors, vendors, industry partners and Dr. Phillips Center representatives gathered to compete in the scramble tournament.
Balfour Beatty Construction Services US
Tel. +1 214 451 1066
Notes to Editors:
- A leader in the U.S. commercial construction industry, Balfour Beatty Construction provides general contracting, at-risk construction management, and design-build services through more than 2,400 professionals nationwide. The company has been cited as a Top 10 Green Builder by Engineering-News Record and as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® by FORTUNE magazine, each for three years in a row. The company is part of London-based Balfour Beatty plc, a global leader in professional services, construction services, support services, and infrastructure investment, with more than $18 billion in annual revenues. To learn more about the company visit balfourbeattyus.com.
- Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a world-class infrastructure group with capabilities in professional services, construction services, support services and infrastructure investments.
- We work in partnership with our customers principally in the UK, continental Europe, the US, South-East Asia, Australia and the Middle East, who value the highest levels of quality, safety and technical expertise.
- Key infrastructure markets include transportation (roads, rail and airports); social infrastructure (education, specialist healthcare, and various types of accommodation); utilities (water, gas and power transmission and generation) and commercial (offices, leisure and retail).
- The Group delivers services essential to the development, creation and care of these infrastructure assets including project design, financing and management, engineering and construction, and facilities management services.
- Balfour Beatty employs 50,000 people around the world.