Balfour Beatty Communities, a residential real estate investment and management company in the United States, today announces that it has been named a 2021 Motili Carbon Reduction Champion for the second year in a row.
Balfour Beatty Communities has secured the champion title by reducing carbon emissions across its military housing portfolio, having replaced outdated heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems across more than 1,200 housing units in partnership with Motili.
The new HVAC systems drive important operational efficiencies and improve system performance and are expected to reduce energy usage by almost 25% whilst also significantly reducing the carbon emissions emitted from each unit – equating to the weight of approximately 568 elephants or 229,972 gallons of gas per year.
Rick Taylor, President Facility Operations, Renovation & Construction at Balfour Beatty Communities said: “We are honoured to be recognised as a Motili Carbon Reduction Champion for our efforts to improve the sustainable performance of our HVAC units and deliver an exceptional experience to our residents.”
“At Balfour Beatty Communities, we believe a rigorous preventative maintenance program is critical to ensuring our homes are comfortable and HVAC systems operate effectively over the long-term. We remain enthusiastic about our partnership with Motili and look forward to continuing the positive momentum in 2022.”
Matthew Sallee, Vice President, Business Development, Motili said: “Working with Balfour Beatty Communities has been rewarding and we applaud their commitment to sustainability. The Balfour Beatty team put significant effort into reducing its HVAC-generated carbon footprint in 2021. We are happy to again name Balfour Beatty a Motili Carbon Reduction Champion, for the second year in a row.”
Carbon emissions at residential, commercial and multi-family housing complexes across the country account for 12% of the total U.S. greenhouse gas (ghg) emissions. Tackling HVAC CO2 emissions is of primary importance to manufacturers as they continue to innovate towards achieving net zero HVAC solutions.
Media enquiries to:
Balfour Beatty Communinities
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with 24,500 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 113 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain's biggest road project; Hong Kong's HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5-mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
About Balfour Beatty Communities
- Balfour Beatty Communities is an active owner and operator of residential real estate in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors across the United States. Since its inception in 1999, Balfour Beatty Communities has invested in nearly 100 properties representing more than $7.9 billion of gross asset value.
- Our broad in-house expertise includes decades of acquisition, development, finance, renovation, leasing and property/facility management experience. Leveraging this extensive expertise and a customer service-focused approach, Balfour Beatty Communities seeks to create value in its real estate projects while delivering exceptional living experiences. For more information, visit com.
- Balfour Beatty Communities is a subsidiary of Balfour Beatty Investments, Inc. and Balfour Beatty plc, a leading international infrastructure group.
- Motili offers scalable turnkey HVAC technology, products, and solutions for residential and commercial properties large and small, across the United States.
- With a network of 2,000+ contractors, and 1,000+ distribution centers, Motili has your properties covered no matter where they are.
- Visit: http://www.motili.com to learn more.