Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions LLC, a leading developer and operator of infrastructure projects for the college and university market, has entered into a development agreement with Lake Forest College for a new 233-bed student housing facility. The approximately $15 million project located on the College’s South Campus in Lake Forest, Illinois, also includes demolition of the College’s existing Moore Hall student housing facility.
Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions has partnered with Solomon Cordwell Buenz (Chicago) as the architect on the project, and Walsh Construction (Chicago) as the construction contractor performing demolition and construction work for the new building. The new student housing facility is scheduled to be delivered for occupancy in August 2013, prior to the commencement of the 2013/2014 academic year.
“Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions is honoured to work with Lake Forest College on this important project that will expand their on-campus housing options and further enhance their ability to attract and retain students. Our strong track record in student housing development, construction and management, coupled with the impressive resumes of our project partners will ensure the successful delivery of a world-class facility for the College,” said Bob Shepko, President of Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions. “The College’s administration and staff have been terrific partners and we are excited to be working with them and the Lake Forest community in advancing the mission of the College.”
"The new residential facility is crucial to the College's ability to attract and retain the best students to Lake Forest," said Lake Forest College Vice President of Business Affairs, Leslie Chapman. "And its design fits in well with the rest of South Campus and the surrounding community. It will be a terrific addition to campus."
The new 62,000 square foot building will feature updated living arrangements that provide expanded social spaces and other enhanced residential options for students living on campus.
Balfour Beatty Capital Group Inc.
Tel. +1 610 355 8136
Notes to Editors:
- Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions LLC provides development, asset/property management, and other real estate services to colleges, universities, and their affiliated entities with a special focus on projects utilising a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model. The company offers an alternative solution for higher education institutions to finance and execute their necessary capital plans, including academic facilities for faculty, classrooms and labs, athletic spaces, wellness centres and student housing.
- Balfour Beatty Capital Group Inc. specialises in partnering with government entities and high performing public sector firms to implement their strategic plans through a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model. Through the Company’s three divisions, Balfour Beatty Communities LLC, Balfour Beatty Capital Inc. and Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions LLC, it is one of the leading providers of PPP projects in the United States with more than 1,200 employees nationwide. Balfour Beatty Capital Group is a part of Balfour Beatty plc, the largest UK-based international infrastructure group operating in construction services, professional services, support services and infrastructure investments, with a 100-year history. Balfour Beatty Capital Group’s affiliated companies in the U.S. include Balfour Beatty Construction Group Inc., Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc., Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Inc. and Balfour Beatty Rail Inc.
- Balfour Beatty plc is a world-class infrastructure group with capabilities in professional services, construction services, support services and infrastructure investments.
- We work in partnership with our customers principally in the UK, continental Europe, the US, South-East Asia, Australia and the Middle East, who value the highest levels of quality, safety and technical expertise.
- Key infrastructure markets include transportation (roads, rail and airports); social infrastructure (education, specialist healthcare, and various types of accommodation); utilities (water, gas and power transmission and generation) and commercial (offices, leisure and retail).
- The Group delivers services essential to the development, creation and care of these infrastructure assets including project design, financing and management, engineering and construction, and facilities management services.
- Balfour Beatty employs 50,000 people around the world.