Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, has been awarded a long-term contract to manage and maintain major trunk roads in the South West of Scotland. The contract was awarded by the Scottish Ministers and has a total potential value in excess of £125 million.
Balfour Beatty Chief Executive, Ian Tyler, said:
“We are delighted to have been selected by the Scottish Ministers to deliver this contract to maintain roads on routes vital to the country’s economy. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Transport Scotland, building on our successes and bringing innovative and efficient approaches to improving trunk road maintenance.”
Scotland TranServ, a Balfour Beatty Mouchel joint venture, will deliver the new five-year contract which will commence on 1 April 2013 and has extension options of up to five further years. It will be worth approximately £25 million per annum.
The South West region covers an area stretching from Stranraer in Dumfries and Galloway to Alexandria in Strathclyde. It includes 681 kilometres of roads and 1,912 structures.
Balfour Beatty plc
Tel +44 (0)20 7216 6924
Tel +44 (0)20 7216 6846
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a world-class infrastructure group with capabilities in professional services, construction services, support services and infrastructure investments.
- We work in partnership with our customers principally in the UK, continental Europe, the US, South-East Asia, Australia and the Middle East, who value the highest levels of quality, safety and technical expertise.
- Key infrastructure markets include transportation (roads, rail and airports); social infrastructure (education, specialist healthcare, and various types of accommodation); utilities (water, gas and power transmission and generation) and commercial (offices, leisure and retail).
- The Group delivers services essential to the development, creation and care of these infrastructure assets including project design, financing and management, engineering and construction, and facilities management services.
- Balfour Beatty employs 50,000 people around the world.