Balfour Beatty announces the appointment of Daniel LaFrance as the Vice President & Chief Compliance Officer for its Buildings, Civils and Investments operations in the US.
Daniel joins Balfour Beatty from Colas USA, an infrastructure, construction, mining and materials firm and subsidiary of Colas Group, where he spent the last 16 years in various positions, most recently as Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer. Previously, he was Assistant General Counsel and Director of Corporate Affairs at the company.
As Vice President & Chief Compliance Officer, Daniel will drive legal, regulatory, and operational compliance and manage risk assessments across the US.
Leon Blondin, Chief Executive Officer of Balfour Beatty’s US operations, said: “We are excited to welcome Dan to the Balfour Beatty team.
“This newly centralised Chief Compliance Officer role emphasises Balfour Beatty’s deep commitment to ethics and compliance within the organisation. With more than a decade of experience overseeing compliance, Dan will continue to build on the company’s reputation, ensuring that we remain compliant with regulatory matters across the nation and adhere to our businesses’ internal policies and bylaws.”
“As one of the nation’s leading general contracting and infrastructure companies, it is an honor to join the Balfour Beatty team and lead their US compliance programme,” said Dan LaFrance. “My goal is to help team members do their jobs in a way that drives operational excellence through a culture built not only on compliance, but a commitment to integrity and always doing what’s right. I look forward to collaborating with my colleagues, our partners and our customers in successfully achieving their business goals and to implementing industry best practices in compliance.”
Media enquiries to:
+44 (0)203 810 2345
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
- Balfour Beatty’s US construction and civils business is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the United States. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction.
- Balfour Beatty Investments is a leader in public private partnerships and other developments in the UK and the US. In the US, our portfolio includes Balfour Beatty Communities, a developer and operator of privatised military housing, student and multifamily housing and Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions, a leading provider of large capital project financing, development and construction solutions for the higher education market.
- To learn more, visit balfourbeattyus.com.