Balfour Beatty today announces the appointment of Matthew Steele as Managing Director of its Gas & Water business.
Matthew joins Balfour Beatty from Network Rail where he was Commercial and Development Director. Previously, Matthew was Programme Director at Crossrail and Head of Power, Communications and Cooling Upgrades for the London Underground.
As a chartered Mechanical Engineer, Matthew has a deep knowledge of the UK infrastructure market, with over 19 years’ experience providing strategic direction to large cross-industry and multi-discipline teams.
Mark Bullock, Chief Executive Officer of Balfour Beatty’s Rail and Utilities business, said: “I am delighted to welcome Matthew to my leadership team. His extensive experience in delivering critical infrastructure projects in regulated markets will strengthen our client relationships and further enhance our capability in the sector.”
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water business operates in the UK and Ireland, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty (balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 28,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK & Ireland, US and Far East. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
- Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and Ireland, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
- Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with our supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches such as BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
- In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
- Current projects within our portfolio include the Gas Distribution Strategic Partnership worth £1.2bn, the AMP6 Capital Investment Programme as part of Advance (a joint venture between Balfour Beatty and MWH to work on United Utilities’ £1.5bn construction and engineering framework), a £414m contract by Bord Gais Networks and a £800m Thames Water contract as part of a joint venture with Skanska and MWH Treatment (known as SMB), the value of which to Balfour Beatty is approximately £265m over the initial five years.