Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, today announces the appointment of Gavin Russell as CEO of its Infrastructure Investments business.
Reporting directly to Group Chief Executive, Leo Quinn, Gavin will have responsibility for the company’s £1.1 billion Infrastructure Investments portfolio across the UK and US. He will also be a member of Balfour Beatty’s Group Executive Committee.
Prior to his appointment as CEO of Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Investments, Gavin had a number of strategic roles within Balfour Beatty, most recently as Finance Director of Balfour Beatty’s Major Projects, Highways and Investments businesses. Previously, he was Group Financial Controller.
Having joined Balfour Beatty in 2014, Gavin is testament to the organisation’s ongoing commitment to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals to provide the high-quality leadership required to drive forward world-class infrastructure.
Leo Quinn, Balfour Beatty Group Chief Executive, said: “Our Infrastructure Investments business has long been core to Balfour Beatty’s business model.
“With a continuation of its strategy of investment in attractive new opportunities and disposal of assets timed to optimise value and maximise returns, Infrastructure Investments has a strong positive trajectory. I am therefore delighted to appoint Gavin as CEO with responsibility for driving the portfolio forward.”
Gavin Russell, CEO, Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Investments, added: “I look forward to leading the Infrastructure Investments business and further developing the portfolio of high-quality assets Balfour Beatty has created for the benefit of all stakeholders.”
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
- Balfour Beatty Investments is an international infrastructure investor operating in the UK and US. We provide the investment capability required to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 25 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest infrastructure investors, building a portfolio of 67 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
- In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets including student accommodation, private rental sector housing (multi-family housing in the US) and generation and transmission of renewable energy.