Balfour Beatty, in partnership with Transport for Wales, Siemens Mobility, Alun Griffiths Contractors Ltd and Amey Infrastructure Wales, today announces that its Craidd Alliance has secured an international accreditation for collaboration.
The IS044001 accreditation is the international standard for collaborative business relationship management systems and recognises the Alliance’s approach to sharing its resources, experience and skills to benefit its suppliers, customers and partners.
The first rail Alliance to secure the IS044001 accreditation in the world, Balfour Beatty and its partners were also commended at the 2021 Institute for Collaborative Working Awards, winning the prestigious Industry Award for Collaboration.
The Craidd Alliance is responsible for the £738 million Core Valley Lines Transformation Project including the 25kV electrification of the route on behalf of Transport for Wales; forming a major part of the South Wales Metro project to improve and renew existing assets across the region.
Dr Alasdair MacDonald, Balfour Beatty’s Project Director for the Craidd Alliance, said: “This is an incredible achievement for Balfour Beatty and our Alliance partners, one that is testament to the strength of our collaborative culture and our commitment to continuous improvement.”
“It is through our close working relationships that we are truly able to enhance our performance and deliver key efficiencies, as we work hard to deliver Transport for Wales vision of a high quality, safe, affordable and accessible transport network for communities across the country.”
Karl Gilmore, Rail Infrastructure Director, Transport for Wales, said: “Collaboration is essential to the success of the £1.5bn investment across the Core Valley Lines Project. So, I am delighted that we are the first Rail Alliance in the world to achieve the ISO44001 collaboration standard. This would not have been possible without Balfour Beatty’s leadership.”
Simon Rhoden, Infrastructure Director, Amey Infrastructure Wales, commented: “We looked for collaborative commitments and behaviours during delivery partner selection, it’s now great to see those commitments become a reality and be recognised with ISO accreditation and this award.”
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
- Balfour Beatty is one of the UK’s leading rail infrastructure suppliers. From feasibility studies, planning and design through to implementation and asset management, we provide multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure services across the lifecycle of rail assets. Our expertise covers electrification, track, power, signalling, civils, specialist rail plant, railway systems and technologies.
- Our services are underpinned by dedicated teams, delivering innovative engineering, advanced digital technology and industry leading safety. With a focus on technology and innovation, Balfour Beatty offers a full range of systems and software to manage all rail assets. Looking beyond maintenance activities, we look to enhance infrastructure asset performance and ensure smooth operations.