This blog is a forum where Balfour Beatty and its stakeholders can address topics on Balfour Beatty's activities, business strategy and performance.
It is not intended to provide the first announcement of material information or developments about Balfour Beatty. Instead, it is a forum to discuss matters previously announced through other channels or that are not themselves considered material information under securities laws.
By reading or posting content to this blog:
- You agree not to make investment decisions based on the content of the blog posted by anyone other than the company
- You agree that all opinions expressed by users of the blog are expressed in their individual capacities, and not as representatives of Balfour Beatty
By posting content to this blog:
- You agree that a posting on this blog does not constitute notice to Balfour Beatty for any legal purposes
- You authorise Balfour Beatty to reject your posting, remove your posting at any time, and republish your posting (in edited or unedited format) at any time and in any medium without any obligation to compensate you for the posting
- You represent that you are not a Balfour Beatty employee.
Each blog post speaks only at the time it was made and may not be correct now. We disclaim any duty to update our blogs.
Our blog posts, press releases, financial reports, presentations, interviews and the other information provided on our website may contain forward-looking statements, including statements about our plans, intentions, or expectations. Because these statements are about possible future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause those events not to occur or to differ significantly from what we expected when we made our statements.
Blogging is a two-way conversation. We encourage you to take part in the Balfour Beatty blog but like many other websites, we have house rules. By using the blog, you agree to abide by these guidelines, and we retain the right to refuse to post or to remove a comment for any reason, including because we believe the comment violates these guidelines.
On our part, we will…
- Communicate according to our business principles.
- Not post on topics of a political, legal or sensitive financial nature.
- Acknowledge and correct any mistakes promptly.
- Not publish comments we deem to be advertising, spam, off-topic, or defamatory, abusive, libellous, threatening, obscene, hateful or which are not in English.
- Reply to comments when appropriate as promptly as possible.
- Link to online references and original source materials directly.
- Disagree with other opinions respectfully. We may close comments for a post, where several similar comments have been received. We will add a note letting you know that further comments have been received but not published
- Remove any posts where it is brought to our attention that they contravene this policy in any way.
On your part…
- Please treat all other online participants with respect and do not use the Balfour Beatty blog to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other users.
- You should not post comments that are disrespectful in any way , including comments that
- are obscene, promote racism, prejudice, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- harass or advocate harassment of another person or organization
- contain nudity, violence or offensive subject matter
- promote information that we believe is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous
- allege violations of law, inappropriate behaviour or any other misconduct
- exploit people in a sexual, violent or other manner not respectful of human rights
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities, such as making or buying illegal weapons or violating someone's privacy
- solicit passwords or personal information from others for commercial or unlawful purposes
- knowingly introduce viruses, worms, harmful code or Trojan horses on the Internet
- involve commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, solicitation of donations, bartering, advertising or pyramid schemes.
- Please keep the number of comments you make on a topic reasonable. Too many posts from an individual or small group can discourage other readers from joining the conversation.
- Impersonating a Balfour Beatty employee, agent, manager, or another user is forbidden.
- Keep your comments relevant. We will not post or comment on unrelated matters, intra-quarter business performance or third party solicitations.
We respect your privacy. We require that you provide your name and email address when posting a comment. We request this information both to deter automated submission of a posting and because we may include that information in postings on this blog.
Because this blog is a public forum, we caution you against giving out any personally identifiable information online (such as gas or electricity account numbers, social security numbers, credit card numbers, names, addresses, telephone numbers, driver's license numbers, passwords, etc). This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes. If you submit a posting and include the name of another person we may delete it to protect the privacy of that person.
This blog is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we prohibit any child from using this blog or any individual from posting any content directed at children.
If you breach these rules we may suspend your account so that you can no longer post messages.
Copyright and the law
You own the copyright in your postings but you also agree to grant Balfour Beatty plc a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable non-exclusive, sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content.
By submitting your contribution to this site, you also warrant that such contribution is:
- your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Balfour Beatty for all the purposes specified above
- is not defamatory
- does not infringe any law
You also agree to indemnify Balfour Beatty plc against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Balfour Beatty plc as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
You also agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Balfour Beatty site and the other purposes specified above.
Use of content
It may take a couple of days for your posting to appear, especially on weekends, or it may not be published at all. We may choose not to respond to your comments, or we may respond to some comments or questions either individually or as a cluster of comments or questions about the same topic. Based on our house rules, we may decide not to publish your posting, and we may cite only some of your posting in our comments or responses.
We reserve the right to use blog comments, ideas, suggestions, products or services that are posted on this blog without any obligation to compensate the individual or entity that provided the comment or suggestion.
The Balfour Beatty blog is not designed to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to any communication service such as photos, documents and software. Balfour Beatty is not responsible for loss of, access to, deletion, alteration, or restoration of any materials associated with the Balfour Beatty blog.
You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or viruses that may be encountered on the Internet. We do not screen, backup, or restore user-created material stored within the Balfour Beatty blog. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
This blog is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Balfour Beatty makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the blog's operation or the information, content or materials included in the blog. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Balfour Beatty hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Balfour Beatty will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use the blog.