The awards that our businesses win recognise their success and celebrate their achievements. Here are some of our recent awards.
'Cost Saving Initiative of the Year' award
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services has been awarded ‘Cost Saving Initiative of the Year’ at the 2016 Fleet News Awards. The award recognises the work to support Balfour Beatty's Build to Last transformation programme.
- reductions in fuel spend through standardisation and effective supply chain management
- fuel management though changing spend behaviours at driver level
- fleet efficiency looking at maximising utilisation
- reporting to monitor and maintain the improvements made.
Gammon wins at Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards 2015
Gammon Construction Limited (Gammon) won the “Asia’s Best Supply Chain Reporting” award at the 2015 Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards, which was announced at the official residence of the British High Commissioner in Singapore on 28th January.
The Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards, which is organised by CSR Works, recognises sustainability reporting leaders in Asia.
Gammon is the pioneer in the construction industry in Hong Kong to report its green strategies, with its first sustainability report published in 2003.
- The first and currently only construction company in Hong Kong to widely use B5 biodiesel in construction equipment – saving 2,685 tonnes CO2 in 2015.
- Extended the use of B5 biodiesel to mixer trucks in 2015
- Introduced HDPE (high-density polyethylene) barriers which are more durable and recyclable, achieving a lower life cycle cost with cost reductions exceeding 30%.
- Use of over 95% FSC/PEFC certified sustainable timber and plywood for formwork and 100% use of FSC/PEFC mixed sources timber doors.