Balfour Beatty awarded $79 million (c. £59 million) luxury multifamily residential contract in Virginia
18 November 2021
Balfour Beatty today announces that it has been awarded a $79 million (c. £59 million) contract to deliver ‘Sage at National Landing’ - a new, luxury residential and multifamily building in Arlington, Virginia, on behalf of LCOR Incorporated.
Featuring 306 new apartments spanning over 19 floors across a 40,000 square-foot site, the building will also feature 10,653-square-feet of ground floor retail space, including a two-storey bar-and-restaurant.
To efficiently deliver the building, , Balfour Beatty will utilise the latest technologies and methods including the prefabrication of exterior wall panels and mechanical, electrical and plumbing components.
This latest award marks Balfour Beatty’s second project with LCOR Incorporated, following the completion of The Altaire, a LEED Gold certified, 20-storey multi-family, mixed-use development and elite apartment residence in 2019.
Sean Graham, Balfour Beatty Vice President of Operations in the Mid-Atlantic, said: “It is an honour to partner with LCOR Incorporated to deliver another high-quality construction project for the D.C. area.
“Sage at National Landing will be another prestigious property that will spark continued economic growth in the area and bridge the gap between the Crystal and Pentagon cities. As an industry-leading builder in the multifamily and residential sector, our teams are leveraging our expertise to deliver a premier facility for local residents and the community to enjoy for years to come.”
Works are already underway, with completion expected in early 2023.
To learn more about Sage at National Landing visit sagenationalanding.com.
Image: 'Sage at National Landing' in Arlington, Virginia
Media enquiries to:
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with 26,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 112 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including: the £1.5 billion A14 improvement scheme - Britain’s biggest road project; Hong Kong’s HK$5.5 billion world-class harbour theatre project for the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; and the 12.5 mile $429 million North Metro Commuter Rail line in Colorado, US.
About Balfour Beatty US:
- We finance, Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the United States. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, the company is part of Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY), a leading international infrastructure group that provides innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth.
- Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest contractors, Balfour Beatty is the No. 6 Domestic Building Contractor in the United States as ranked by Engineering News-Record. To learn more, visit balfourbeattyus.com