TrainLocator® tracks the position of virtually all the traffic on our busy rail network. Using real time data from the UK mainline rail network and train operations, it provides a live, visual feed of train locations throughout the country.
How it works
TrainLocator geospatially maps thousands of train movements every day. It combines Network Rail’s signalling systems with both route and track level network mapping.
Developed by Omnicom Balfour Beatty, Train Locator aims to improve the visibility of our network and the capacity for more efficient monitoring. We are continually improving the mapping capability: even in areas where information from signalling systems is limited, for example Wales and Scotland.
- Uses Network Rail signalling systems
- Route and track level mapping
- Improves network visibility
- Increases network capacity
- Capable of mapping areas in which information from signalling systems is limited, for example Wales and Scotland