Testing and analysis
In addition to our ground engineering capabilities, we also provide specialist testing and analysis services.
These services include:
We specialise in a range of pile testing and analytical techniques. Our comprehensive UKAS accredited pile testing services include:
- Dynamic pile testing
- Cross hole sonic logging pile integrity testing
- Transient dynamic response pile integrity testing
We also offer the following services:
- Case pile wave analysis program (CAPWAP)
- Sonic pulse echo pile integrity testing
- The facility for undertaking GRLWEAP driveability desk studies
Dynamic test data is instantly transmitted to the office from anywhere in the world and analysed using CAPWAP. This facility enables real-time analysis of the pile test data.
We offer a full range of environmental monitoring services with flexible response times to suit your requirements.
- Contaminated land
- Soil sampling and analysis
- Water sampling and analysis
- Legionella testing
- Air quality monitoring
- Gas monitoring
We deliver structural, diagnostic and geotechnical monitoring for buildings, bridges, car parks and industrial premises. We survey structures to assess the nature and extent of any defects and their probable causes. This allows customers to develop robust repair strategies.
We offer expert advice and site investigations in a range of applications. This includes bore holes, trial pitting, embankment slips, geotechnical diagnosis and failure diagnosis. We also have in-house expertise in soils, rocks and man-made materials.
We specialise in diagnosing the condition of materials in all types of structures including reinforced concrete, post-tensioned and pre-stressed concrete, steel, iron and timber.
We have previously tested a range of structures, such as:
- M25 viaducts
- Post-tensioned bridges at New Street Station, Birmingham
- Wrought iron railway bridges
- Seel jetty structures
- Timber based environmental towers
- Safety glass in high-rise buildings.
We have in-house expertise working with plastics, paints, coatings, cementitious and bituminous materials, epoxies, polyesters and other resins, radionuclides and toxicity of materials.
We have worked with a wide variety of customers including:
- Local authorities
- Utility companies
- Consulting engineers
- Processing and manufacturing industries
- Property developers
We offer a full structural monitoring service. We use state-of-the-art technology including:
- Ground penetrating radar
- Remote crack monitoring, tiltmeters and inclinometers
- Strain gauging including residual stress measurement in post-tensioned structures
- Ground remediation evaluation and assessment
- Radiography and tomography
- Acoustic and frequency monitoring
- Seismic monitoring
- Photo-elastic analysis
- Topographic surveys with real-time triggered alarm systems
We produce bespoke solutions to complex challenges and solve one-off problems. If you would like further assistance or advice with your project please contact Fred Fountain on +(0)7896 159810.
Noise and vibration monitoring
We provide a comprehensive range of noise and vibration monitoring services. This includes prediction, measurement and the control of both environmental and personal exposures to noise and vibration.
We also offer:
- Short and long-term equipment hire
- Attended or remote monitoring surveys
- UKAS accredited sound insulation testing
- Analysis and presentation of results
- Monitoring systems
These services are available for all industries or circumstances where noise and vibration are of concern.
Noise and vibration prediction
We provide noise predictions for construction sites using the methodology described in BS 5228 Part 1. Our predictions are processed using the latest version of CadnaA bespoke noise modelling software. Plant specific noise levels are used whenever possible, together with noise levels from the BS 5228 database where actual measurements are not available.
Vibration predictions, if required, are based on previous data obtained by measurement of similar operations in typical ground conditions.
Sound insulation testing
We are UKAS accredited for sound insulation testing for residential and commercial buildings.
Testing is carried out in accordance with the Building Regulations Schedule E.