Since beginning our adoption of BIM, we have identified a multitude of benefits for our customers, designers, supply chain partners and our own people and business.
For customers, benefits include:
- Early design prototyping to show how an asset will look and operate - helping to speed up the approval process
- Easy modelling of various options and the assessment of the impact of each choice
- Reduced energy use and carbon production through life-cycle modelling
- Optimal solutions that reduce design, construction and operational costs
- Provision of data that can be integrated with facilities management programmes to ensure a comprehensive set of asset data is readily available on handover.
For designers and our supply chain partners, benefits include:
- Increased collaboration, smoother delivery and improved safety though the integration of all contributors including the customer and facilities managers
- Reduced rework on-site through better planning and design
- Resource efficiencies.