What makes Balfour Beatty unique is the expertise and capability of our people. By encouraging everyone from all backgrounds to join us, and enabling them to do their best, we help to bridge the skills gap our industry continues to face.
Diversity of people, perspectives and experience is essential to help Balfour Beatty address business challenges and perform for our customers. We believe in creating a safe and welcoming workplace with a supportive and fair culture that encourages innovative and fresh ways of thinking.
Our diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy drives action to improve diversity in our organisation. It promotes high performance, engagement and makes Balfour Beatty a great place to work. The skills and diversity of our people and our supply chain are vital to the development and success of our business.
Through a diverse and inclusive workplace, we will:
- Improve diversity and embed inclusion across Balfour Beatty, meeting Government requirements and objectives
- Enhance our brand and reputation by celebrating difference, supporting work winning and building commercial advantage
- Create an inclusive environment where all employees can be themselves at work and perform at their best
- Meet skills demands by acquiring and retaining the best available talent, enhancing our capacity for high performance and innovation
- Embed diversity into how we do business with our customers, suppliers, partners and communities to achieve D&I goals
Our D&I action plan
Our D&I action plan is helping to build a workforce that truly represents the communities we work in, ensuring all our employees feel comfortable being themselves at work. To read our full D&I action plan, click here.
Find out more:
Gender Pay Report
As a major UK employer, Balfour Beatty is committed to ensuring that it has a diverse, talented workforce. Our aim is to attract and retain the best people no matter what their gender or background. More than that, we strongly believe we need diversity of gender, experience, race, sexuality and background to be a high performing organisation.
Find our 2018 Gender Pay Report here.