Principles and policies
Our corporate principles are communicated to all employees. They offer clear guidance on how we expect our people and our company to behave.
Our principles govern our approach to crucial subjects such as safety, health and environment. They also set out how we relate to key stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, customers and suppliers.
- To fulfil our responsibilities to shareholders, customers, suppliers, employees and the wider community
- To treat all groups and individuals engaged in, or affected by, the business with the highest standards of integrity
- To conduct all aspects of our business at the highest level of excellence and professionalism and have regard to the traditions and practices of the markets in which we operate
- To pursue our financial performance goals without losing sight of longer-term objectives or of the wider context in which our business operates
- To seek continuous improvement in all aspects of the way in which we operate and do business
- To ensure we conduct our business and make our decisions within a clear ethical framework
Balfour Beatty has clearly stated policies and principles for key issues.
Please follow this link for the full set.
Within this framework, business units are required to develop specific policies and practices relevant to their particular business.