SM 2012 - Into the Dragons’ Den
19 April 2012 0 comments
Balfour Beatty Living Places is using a "Dragons’ Den" style competition to help promote sustainability among young people in four local schools from their North East Lincolnshire Council Regeneration Partnership.
The scheme is designed to help get young people engaged in action based projects which benefit the community with some financial backing from Balfour Beatty.
The formidable dragons will each come with money to "invest" in the projects presented by each of the schools.
The dragons will be looking for:
- How the project supports sustainability;
- How will the project remain sustainable after the initial investment;
- How will the project get other people involved particularly the wider community and disadvantaged groups?
In addition the venture should also demonstrate one of the following:
- Be a work in the Community project;
- Reduce energy consumption;
- Reduce emissions;
- Improve recycling and re-use of materials.
Find out who survives the Dragons’ interrogations at the end of May...
- Sustainability Month
What do you think?
Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the post's author has approved them.