Understanding Balfour Beatty
Combining engineering expertise with our investments capability.
Our business provides innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth.
We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, and social and commercial buildings. Our main geographies are the UK, US, Canada, the Middle East and South East Asia.
Below is a downloadable four-page overview of Balfour Beatty in 2016.
The markets we serve
- We offer services to develop and finance, construct, manage and maintain essential infrastructure assets
- We operate predominantly in the UK, North America and Canada, as well as in parts of South East Asia and the Middle East
- Our customers are government departments and agencies, regulated utilities and private sector organisations.
How we compete
- Our engineering expertise, supported by our scale and balance sheet, allows us to deliver the most complex and large-scale infrastructure projects
- We combine this ability to deliver major projects with our local presence and a strong connection to local customers and suppliers
- The combination of world-class investments capability and leading construction and support services activities gives us a deep understanding of how to develop and maintain essential infrastructure assets
- Safety, sustainability and ethics are the bedrock of our business and our licence to operate.
Our strategic priorities
- Lean – improve operational performance by increasing productivity and cash generation
- Expert – invest to attract, retain and develop the best employee and subcontractor talent
- Trusted – deliver value to customers through disciplined contracting processes
- Safe – continue to show leadership in safety through Zero Harm for our people, customers and communities.